• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Quick update 4 weeks after rescape on 60l

Swim Shady

Its been approx 4 weeks since I re-scaped my tank, adding some new plants etc so I thought I would show you the progess so far.
Water temp is 23c
Injecting Co2 via Co2 art inline diffuser at 3bps on a timer
Fluval Plant 3.0 running 8hrs per day (30min ramp up-30 min ramp down)
PH is 6.5 and KH is 4.
50% water change every 5 days
Dosing 2hr Aquarist APT3 via a D-D P1 auto pump at 3ml spread over 8 hours before lights on.
The overall growth rate seems to be very good. I have had to trim back a few leaves now aswell as the general maintance trims.
The Hydrocotyle tripartita seems to be really happy working its way around the left of the wood - not trimmed this yet - would like it to work its way round the wood.
The Hydrocotyle verticillata is a new add (2 weeks now) this was split down and spread out but is already sending out new leaves - love how this looks when the lights start to ramp down, really shimmers.
The lilaeopsis and elecharis havent really grown that much in my opinion but they havent died back either - I'm thinking that this is because I am not running the light at its full potentional yet.
The plants that I think have really taken off in the condtions are the hygrophila guanensis in the centre rear between the Microsorium pteropus and the 2 Microsorium pteropus. These need regular attention to stop them taking over.
Finally the monte carlo, ludwigia and crypts seem to be happy, good colour to them but not growing at a fast rate. Oh and the anubius has thrown a nice new large leaf too.
Anyway as always let me know your thoughts be them good or bad, Im always open to ideas and suggestions and also corrections.

4 weeks growth.jpg

Looks nice and healthy. What fish do you have in there?
Thanks, it’s slowly taking over my life this tank but it gives me great enjoyment.
There’s a small selection of rasboras in there (harlequin, hengali and scissor tail) a few sparkling gouramis and some loaches on algae/cleanup duty (hillstream and coolie). There’s also a few amano shrimp keeping the waste in check.

That looks lovely, all the different leaf shapes & shades of green complement each other beautifully.
A very successful rescape!

That looks lovely, all the different leaf shapes & shades of green complement each other beautifully.
A very successful rescape!
Thankyou, I’m going to try and master my art in this tank for a year before moving up to a 200l rough size. I still can’t believe how much joy I get from sitting in front of the tank with a coffee just watching nature do it’s thing! Truly amazing and incredibly relaxing.

I can appreciate your pleasure, even after 45 years I still find there's something magical about watching what goes on in an aquarium!
I hope you continue enjoying all things aquatic, especially when you upgrade to 200 litres with unlimited possibilities!

I can appreciate your pleasure, even after 45 years I still find there's something magical about watching what goes on in an aquarium!
I hope you continue enjoying all things aquatic, especially when you upgrade to 200 litres with unlimited possibilities!
I had aquariums when I was young, I had the normal large plecs, red tail sharks etc then went onto piranha and electric catfish. Strange how 25/30 yrs later I’m back in the hobby but have no interest in keeping the larger and more unusual species… I find the much smaller species far more interesting now and obviously have a keen interest in the planted side of the hobby. I’m already planning what I need/want from the larger aquarium. I’ve fallen in love with a rimless tank and cabinet I saw in Aquarium gardens last week. I can’t remember the brand but it was the 900 model, 180l I think. Utterly beautiful it was!

Back