• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

question about inline co2 atomizer

criticalsolution

Seedling
I would install this one

but in this position when the solenoide turn off co2 injection the water will enter in the co2 tube no ?

d-508-11.jpg

somone use this atomizer ?
thank you

Last edited:
thank you for your reply

one more question please
recommended intalation by co2 art

co2setup-jpg.89142.jpg

and by upaqua

up-aqu10.jpg

????

It doesn't realy make much of a difference how you connect it :) But from a design and physics point of view a T in 45° design should be placed to aid the flow derection of the medium going through. This way it will give the least resistance and energy loss in form of pressure..

But since this thing is designed to disolve gass into fluid and see where the diffuser is placed, i can see no real benefit to it.

But if you look at picture 2 and follow the arrow,that's flow direction and where water pressure is pushed towards to.. So if you stop adding co2 than in this case the pressure of the water is forced into the T towards the co2 installation. But there is a check valve and this pressure will close this valve even tighter.. So if you would turn it around in picture 2 pointing the 45° the other way it will point the flow direction and pressure away and you will have less pressure on the checkvalve when co2 is shut off.

As far you can speak from any real pressure build up, in this case it is only flow speed of the water. (0.1 bar per meter lift) Anyway it's all just a minor detail and not a big deal in what direction you place it.. They could also have made it a straight 90° T, but in a way than it probably didn't look fancy and professional enough.. Dunno.. Maybe it's just creating a point of debate about a product and or make it look beter then it realy is.

I have mine on the inlet to the filter. More time to disolve into the water before it comes back into the tank. Also not bubbles in the tank.

Just also thought, as its a siphon line, theres no water pressure on it either.

thank you very much for yours explanation
I have mine on the inlet to the filter. More time to disolve into the water before it comes back into the tank. Also not bubbles in the tank.

Just also thought, as its a siphon line, theres no water pressure on it either.
I sen that on the inlet hose can make noise in the filter ?

Back