• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pygmy Island - 60P high-tech

20221001_183031.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,
Removed it. Might replace with a white one.
I like a background, has the fish behaviour changed? Often they become a lot more reclusive if there isn't a background.
I just got my microworm culture today! Excited to see how this goes.
How is it going? Have they started crawling up the pot sides?

cheers Darrel

I like a background, has the fish behaviour changed? Often they become a lot more reclusive if there isn't a background.

I'm a fan of backgrounds too; I'm going to try a white one. Fish behaviour hasn't changed noticeably; the pygmy cories are still very bold and don't hide too much, despite there being relatively few of them. I have another five coming this week along with some guava leaves, as per your recommendation.

How is it going? Have they started crawling up the pot sides?

I spotted a few yesterday but it's still early. Hoping to have enough for the first good harvest this weekend!

@Libba what is the liverwort species you have growing on the wood? It looks like a form of Riccardia Chamedryfolia, but has much larger leaf nodules that the stuff we get over here?

@Libba what is the liverwort species you have growing on the wood? It looks like a form of Riccardia Chamedryfolia, but has much larger leaf nodules that the stuff we get over here?

I'm not sure sorry. It was sold to me as Riccardia Chamedryfolia.

Light schedule for anyone interested:

12 hours total with a peak of 35/27/35

20221217_100808.jpg

Back