• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

purigen question

Just wondering if there is anywhere in particular to put it in the canister. Probably doesn't matter.

Thanks for the replies guys. It's already bagged so should be ok, I don't think there is any room after floss stage it has a grill that goes over the top of that so I guess it'll be as far near the end as possible. I have three trays starting from bottom up. Two with ceramic stone type media the a final sponge and floss. Looks like it will have to go in the 2nd ceramic one which has some room.

If you put it before the floss then you're going to reduce the effectiveness because it will just get clogged with all the crud that the floss would have picked up - the purigen beads aren't smooth, and letting them clog will cause problems. What filter do you have?

I have an aqua one aquis 1250 series 2

Don't know what I was panicking for it went in after the floss in the last container no problem. How does Purigen feel about liquid carbon out of curiosity?

Don't know what I was panicking for it went in after the floss in the last container no problem. How does Purigen feel about liquid carbon out of curiosity?
They are best mates....the liquid carbon helps the plants grow, which keeps the water naturally cleaner, which means the purigen can be lazy! :) lol.
No issues I've heard of, many use them together.
Cheerio,
Ady

Have just bought some purigen,on the infomation in the box it says to rinse the product in water before placing in the filter.I suppose they are talking about tap water?I have purchased the small box which contains a small 100ml net portion of the product.Hope someone can clear this up.Cheers mark

Have just bought some purigen,on the infomation in the box it says to rinse the product in water before placing in the filter.I suppose they are talking about tap water?I have purchased the small box which contains a small 100ml net portion of the product.Hope someone can clear this up.Cheers mark

Hey mark,
If anything, take a small portion of tank water out and rinse in that. I have never rinsed when using mine mate, and all is well.

Cheers,

Probably best to rinse it in old tank water or RO but tap water will be fine and won't make any difference. I dunk the bag full of New media in the bucket of old water when I'm doing a water change and swirl it around which is quick and simple way to rinse it.

Back