• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Purigen a little ...fragrant?

Big G

Afternoon all,

Cleaned my first Purigen sachet and put in a take -away container with a splash of water to keep moist. Labelled accordingly. Back to a nice cream colour and rinsed heavily whilst massaged, de-chlorinator , replacement put in place in filter etc.

Anybody else get quite a strong well, Cow glue/fishmongers rinse bucket smell from their Purigen sachet? Don’t remember it being quite this pungent before putting in the tank originally.

Any thoughts?
cheers

Bg

Sounds normal based upon my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks folks.

I might, just for the sake of an experiment as much as anything else, let the sachet dry out then re-dampen it.

I understand this is frowned upon because it may cause the Purigen to crack and fall out but I’ll take that risk.

It’s very re-assuring to know it’s not just me that has experienced this pong.

All the best

Bg

The smell is normal. Don’t try and get rid of it by drying the Purigen out - you’ll just ruin the Purigen, and it isn’t cheap stuff!

Thanks folks.

I might, just for the sake of an experiment as much as anything else, let the sachet dry out then re-dampen it.

I understand this is frowned upon because it may cause the Purigen to crack and fall out but I’ll take that risk.

It’s very re-assuring to know it’s not just me that has experienced this pong.

All the best

Bg

I let a bag dry out recently and half of it won’t regenerate now. I have had to replace it as it’s effectively ruined.

Back