• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Purchasing plants online

chris_A

Seedling
Hi All, Hope everyone is well.
Does or has anyone used any online retailers for purchasing plants, in particular Tropica plants.
I live in Bristol, and the only retailers I can see on their website is Pets @ Home. No offence to them, but having checked out a couple of their outlets, I am not really impressed with the standard of stock.
Again I sometimes visit Aquajarden in Gloucester, which is fantastic, but its an hour round journey, so I am happy to try the web, only if it's worth it.
Of course I am not prepared to swap convenience for quality, and still want top quality plants delivered.
Any suggestions folks, or is travelling the best optio

...or go with one of our sponsors.Such as Aqua Essentials (used), Aquarium gardens (used),or Freshwatershrimp (not used yet).
Both are excellent; and i'm comparing against AquaJarden which is my LFS.

Aquaessentials is good and fresh water shrimp is really good and great prices -they sell via ebay too.

I ordered some mosses from k2aqua on ebay: nice sized portions and quick delivery, quite cheap too

Pets At Home have a delivery day for new plants,thats the time to go.Ask for delivery day and you will find the Tropica(stick with them)on that day pristine.If they have been in store a while they deteriorate not the time to buy,I purchased some on spec last year ,not on delivery day the bottom stems were absent on home inspection,they replaced no bother even let me wait for the new delivery. If I order on line my check is the plant source use suppliers who have Tropica, or any of the reputable German or Dutch suppliers.

do pets@home let you order specific tropica plants in store, as im after following one of tropica's idea scapes but pets@home never have the ones I want in stock.

I've had my local pets at home order in Tropica plants for me. I phone up the store, tell them the codes for the pots I want, they phone me the day they arrive and I get them straight from the shipping container, never goes near their vats.

I do like the experience of going to an LFS and perusing the plants they have standing around though, good chance of bargains that way too.

//Jan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back