• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pump/Filter issue

fergusq

Seedling
Hi - not a newbie but sounds like a newbie issue!

Have a Cristalprofi greenline filter

• wont start after a water change - I hear the pump/motor trying but no water is flowing
  • the only other odd thing is when i disconnect the pipes from the main unit the water from one pipe drains which suggests a valve may be stuck open
  • However I have already disconnected everything multiple times and tried priming for ages and this does not seem to affect the fact that I can get flow going manually as I prime
  • I have filled the pipes manually so there is no air block
  • When everything is connected, I can actually pour water in the inlet pipe and water comes out the outlet pipe so I dont get the sense of an air lock in there

Am I at the point where something might be wrong with the internal workings of the filter/pump system?
Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance
Fergus

typical lol......ive been trying for 24 hours and as soon as I post, I manage to fix it......needed a complete impeller removal and clean! Cheers anyway and hello to all!
Ive a 550 litre cichlid tank and 190 litre planted tank btw :D

Back