• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Project name - Forest

Another amazing aquascape Victor. Would be great to visit someday and see them in the flesh :)
What is the gas injection system in front of the right hand lily pipe please....is it a co2 system? Havnt seen anything like that before. I thought it was some kind of ph reader or something until I saw bubbles coming out of it in the video.
Interesting seeing your photoshoot lighting technique too with the light unit behind the white background.
Great photos and video.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Wow that's amazing one my favourite ever scapes.

Do you think the rotala at the back might be slightly too clean cut to score really highly at IAPLC?

Thank you :)

Honestly i do not have high hopes on this scape. We did this to have a nice stem forest in our showroom. Visitors enjoys the progress and the scape in overall like i do since i started it. But i do not think this will get a good ranking. I try to do my best both on the scape and the photography, but this is not that unique to get high at ranking. Contest is kind of an energizer for me. Once you have a goal you need to put more attention to the scape, maintenance, trimming. You can't be lazy. So it keeps us fit and fresh. But it's fun after all.

And i do enjoy these moments too when the tanks got to the point where only a perfect capture is needed. :)

I could imagine with different cutting it would look a bit different too. The stems now so dense that i think i could not trim it to wild really.

I think we could charter a flight from the UK to Hungary to visit your shop with the amount of people who would love to visit your shop :)
Well done again.

Another amazing aquascape Victor. Would be great to visit someday and see them in the flesh :)
What is the gas injection system in front of the right hand lily pipe please....is it a co2 system? Havnt seen anything like that before. I thought it was some kind of ph reader or something until I saw bubbles coming out of it in the video.
Interesting seeing your photoshoot lighting technique too with the light unit behind the white background.
Great photos and video.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Cheers Ady, you're welcome anyitime when you're around of course.

That stuff on the right hand side is an ADA Vuppa. Kind of an expensive stuff especially if you own the limited Titan thing :)
This is a surface skimmer. We keep them in continously. Once the skimmer is a bit high this shoot out a lot of bubbles as it could not suck in enough water from the surface. I let it this way for the photo shooting.

The tank has a pressurized CO2 with an AM1000 external reactor. So the CO2 is coming in exactly on that side where this skimmer is sitting on the glass.

On the lighting i used this before. Works perfectly for a large tank like this. 6x54W from above with the power of the ATI light. And 4x54W from the back from the Aqua Medic unit. Awesome power and fun to shoot with. :) The backround paper is a plastic light table paper. So this can be illiminated nicely.

I think we could charter a flight from the UK to Hungary to visit your shop with the amount of people who would love to visit your shop :)
Well done again.

This is a small shop compare to any beast out there. But we do have lot of passion which drives the whole thing. Still nice to work on something we like. And hopefully some of this helps to others.

You're lucky as you have Green Machine in your country, not many scaper can tell this in Europe. Also now Ed's brilliant clean showroom too in London. ;)
Let's hope more and more showroom will open up in the near future. But of course you're all welcome anytime if you're around. :)

I know this is IAPLC and we could not publish the final photos, but please forgive me i need to share one of the shots as i did today meanwhile the final shooting. I am so happy right now. Good timing, last few adjustment, little trimming here and there. And we're done. Does not matter how i will rank, but a good feeling to have it ready and be at another milestone in the aquascping lifetime learning school :)

Rock'n'Roll guys! :)

8680053381_0643b3c6cb_b.jpg
Green Aqua Showroom by viktorlantos, on Flickr

Love the insitu shots. Just what aquascaping is really about. . . . Buckets with bits of kit in and cables wrapping around everything. I can't quite see the wet pubble on the floor, but it must be there somewhere :) The tank looks great, hope it does well.
Charlie

Ok in the past month after the contest shot we let the stems grow.... and they grow so big :)
I had an idea to remove all of them and set the initial minimal look for a little time, but before i do that i did a trimming video on this one mostly to our local community members. I thought i share it with you too. A little trimming, water change and the result is there after 13 min. Video playback is on double speed otherwise it would be an all night long movie :)

Enjoy :cool:

Great video Viktor, love seeing the maintenance on a tank like this.....no magic formula, just the same as we all do it, nets and syphons and a quick rub of the glass. I just need to get the plant health and aquascaping the same now, can you do a video for that too please :p
Thanks for for sharing :)

Love it! Thanks for sharing, Victor! Amazing tank.

Back