• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ProdiBio AquaGrowth Aquarium Soil

It’s what I have in my tank. I have no experience with any other soil but it working for me so far.

I’ve not used it on a home tank, but Felipe Oliveira used it in his 900 scape at AG a few months ago. Plants are going great guns in it. He is an ambassador of ProdiBio.

I redid 2 nano shrimp sale tanks at AG a couple of weeks ago and used it. Shrimp went straight in the tank that same morning. No problem.

It appears very similar to the Tropica soil.

Hope that helps.

I got couple of 9L bags from my LFS today.

@Siege, it does not say on the packaging about initial water changes, and Backter Kit sounds messy to use, says fill tank with inch of water then add the kit, then add the soil, Can I add it after scaping, before flooding the tank?

How about water changes? Same as tropica? At least 25-50% twice a week for 4 weeks

Thanks!

I think the idea with the bacter kit is not to let it dry. Ie don’t chuck it onto dry soil.

Personally I’d plant, then put it on to the soil once you start flooding it. May not work as well but can’t see why not.

Doesn’t seem to leach any ammonia, so yes water change schedule as per Tropica.

Back