• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problems with Riccardia Chamedryfolia

MARKCOUSINS

WP_20170201_17_26_07_Pro.jpg
WP_20170201_17_52_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20170201_17_26_07_Pro.jpg
WP_20170201_17_52_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20170201_17_52_08_Pro.jpg

This set up is only been running for about 2 weeks.But really struggling with Riccardia.Very quickly started to turn brown/black/grey and melt.I had used some liquid carbon initially and that could have been a problem.But the past 7 days have not been using it and have done numerous water changes of 50%.Aquarium is a 450L Juwel Vision,Lighting 4 x T5 54watt.CO2 via 2 diffusers,micro Seachem Trace,Iron,Flourish,Advance macro dry salts mixed in water(EI).10 x tank volume flow Filter + 2 power heads.
If anyone has any tips or ideas that would be great!

Last edited:
Riccardia does not really appreciate "liquid carbon" sources..........so I'm pretty sure this is your damage source.
Resurrection will depend of how bad initial damage is, ofcourse. Your waterchanges will not un-do the damage - but might save possibble survived parts.

Riccardia does not really appreciate "liquid carbon" sources..........so I'm pretty sure this is your damage source.
Resurrection will depend of how bad initial damage is, ofcourse. Your waterchanges will not un-do the damage - but might save possibble survived parts.
Thanks for your reply!
I thought as much.Would it be advisable to remove the affected areas of Riccardia or just let it sort itself out and the shrimp clean it up a bit?
Actually this evening some pieces are looking are showing tiny tiny improvements.Not out of the woods by a long way but hopeful!

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply - been on holiday:)
- yep, let the survivors do their thing.....and if conditions of your tank suit the plants, you will likely have ypur lush cover in a matter of time.

Back