• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Problem with Bubble Counter, pressure inconsistency when full/low liquid.

enb141

I have a problem with my bubble counter, when it's full of water the bubble count about 1 bubble per second but after the water evaporates, the bubbles increase, at 75% of water, the bubble counter is about 3 bbs, at 25% of water, is about 4 bbs.

In other words, the pressure increases when is full of water and decreases drastically when is empty.

So is that normal?

If not what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
Providing you are absolutely sure you have no leaks then I’ll say it’s normal, let it evaporate fully and you won’t have to count/worry about the bubbles anymore, just keep an eye on the drop checker instead and more importantly fish behaviour for signs of hypercapnia, If there’s no change in either of these behaviours you’ve confirmed you had nothing to worry about!

If you still want bubbles but hate the evaporation use Glycerin as the medium instead of water, just don’t fill it so it gets past the bubble counter and into the line all the way to the diffuser, having never done that I’ll bet it’s a nightmare to clean!

:)

Providing you are absolutely sure you have no leaks then I’ll say it’s normal, let it evaporate fully and you won’t have to count/worry about the bubbles anymore, just keep an eye on the drop checker instead and more importantly fish behaviour for signs of hypercapnia, If there’s no change in either of these behaviours you’ve confirmed you had nothing to worry about!

If you still want bubbles but hate the evaporation use Glycerin as the medium instead of water, just don’t fill it so it gets past the bubble counter and into the line all the way to the diffuser, having never done that I’ll bet it’s a nightmare to clean!

I checked the leaks and are very small if any. Cool so is normal, any specifications on the glycerin or just any normal glycerin?

Now I was thinking to get one of those

71%2BVaPi%2Ba9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

For how long does glycerin lasts? Forever?

I have plans for upgrading to this diffuser in the future, do the glycerin will be safe to use with this one?

Flux-L_1_1800x1800.jpg

As long as the glycerin doesn’t get pushed up the line into the diffuser it will be fine, the glycerin should last quite a long while, certainly it won’t evaporate away quickly like water.

Back