• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pre-soak bog wood

Deano3

Hi everyone, took another visit to horizon today 😅 got 2 bags of tropica think will need one more for me aquascaper 900 but sure i have another half a bag somewhere but still think will need 3, anyway i purchased somemore wood and been having a play, i purchased the main peice a while ago but seen a large peice today and had to buy it 🙄 i will alsp be using frodo stone and will put some pictures below of a few ways i placed the wood etc. I am wanting to scape next week so going to soak the wood but nothing large enough will it be worth half submergeing it and will it be ok left outside even if get mosquito larvae etc in the water ? Also want some tannins out.

Also you can see the origional wood i purchased at rear right i quite like 1st layout

P.s loving the app makes 100000x easier uploading pics etc

Thanks dean

Attachments

• 20211013_165649.jpg
    20211013_165649.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 430
  • 20211013_152059.jpg
    20211013_152059.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 149
  • 20211013_152051.jpg
    20211013_152051.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 144
  • 20211013_151954.jpg
    20211013_151954.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 137
  • 20211013_151926.jpg
    20211013_151926.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 143
Should be fine left outside in my experience I had a bucket in the garden soaking. I've now switched to tying a rock and some line to it and sticking it in the water but. I keep the line on it so I can pull it up once it's soaked. Any neighbours got a water but you could stick it in?

I got my wood delivered today as well for my new tank so will be doing the same process

No dont think so kevin, i will just soak best i can cheers mate 👍

No dont think so kevin, i will just soak best i can cheers mate 👍
wilkos do those big clear storage boxes which are relitively inexpensive. Get yourself a couple of those, pop them outside, fill them up and put your wood in weighed down with some rocks.
The boxes always come in handy at a later date too :)

I have a load of boxes etc wood won't fit I imagine but will get in as much as I can and leave outside open thanks.

You like 1st layout with mate ? Obviously will have a good play when I tank

Another couple of questions if you don't mind, you think 2 and 1/4 bags of tropical will do or think 3 better to be safe I suppose and I will be reusing a lot or plants like all the buce etc and carrying out daily water changes for week 1 so hopefully they survive the ammonia spike.

Thanks 😊

Last edited:
I have a load of boxes etc wood won't fit I imagine but will get in as much as I can and leave outside open thanks.

You like 1st layout with mate ? Obviously will have a good play when I tank

Another couple of questions if you don't mind, you think 2 and 1/4 bags of tropical will do or think 3 better to be safe I suppose and I will be reusing a lot or plants like all the buce etc and carrying out daily water changes for week 1 so hopefully they survive the ammonia spike.

Thanks 😊
I would wait until you have the tank to play in so you get the proper limited dimensions to work in. Your floor is a lot bigger than the tank and it may look great down there but when you put it in your tank having to alter things just by a cm or two can have significant impact on the overall look of a hardscape. Just scape it in the tank and what you see is what you get :)….or make a dojo ;)
As for soil, what you have will likely be enough but it largely depends on your scape and planting plans. For example a full soil substrate heavily banked will use a lot more than a tank with a sand foreground. I’m sure I only used 2 and a bit bags for my current 900…..but don’t quote me on that :lol:

Back