• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PPS Pro

RudeDogg1

Well I think ive decided to go with pps pro but what im not sure of i how much volume to remove to allow for substrate and wood. Do you think dosing for 200 litres instead of 240 will be ok?

Should not matter, you might wish to add more PO4 to the recipe though. Ferts in general are fine, if you skip a day etc, this causes no issues.

cheers for all your help i find it all very confusing lol. Ive left out the phosphate in my mix at the mo due to having quite high levels already in the tank and out the tap. Started dosing this week ill give it till end of next week and test the water

RudeDogg1 said:
cheers for all your help i find it all very confusing lol. Ive left out the phosphate in my mix at the mo due to having quite high levels already in the tank and out the tap. Started dosing this week ill give it till end of next week and test the water

If you are using the tap water, then doing good sized water changes, then it'll be okay since you are adding some PO4 from the tap. In that case, you can leave it out.

Or a simpler method is simply use PMDD which lacks PO4 in the dosing altogether.

This is what I did back in the 1990's, till I realized my large water changes and my tap had lots of good PO4 in it and that was why I could grow everything while those that limited PO4 strongly could not.
I did not know I had PO4 in my tap for years.

Someone else(Steve Dixon) came over and was curious and claimed my tap water was "magic".

whell I filter the tap water through a hma but that still leaves po4 in it and i change about 110 litres a week

Hi all,
What is HMA?
It is a 2 or 3 stage sediment/carbon/Purolite polyacrylic weak-acid cation exchange resin filter, I believe HMA stands for "Heavy Metal Axe", and they remove metals, sediments, chlorine etc.

They are popular in the UK with Discus and Koi keepers, and you buy it as a replaceable pod system to plumb into your cold water supply.

cheers Darrel

Damn Romans and their lead pipes..........look what they did to the place........

Back