• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PPM

Roediger

Hello everyone, I am not too familiar how ppm works. can someone help me out with this please.

example : GH or KH .

so my GH was about 11 drops to make the chemical turn green. does that mean my GH is 2.2 ?

and with KH depending what my PH is lets say 7.6 and i drop about 4 drops that means my KH is 1.5, which is not enough CO2 ?

Which test kit are you using? Generally speaking with test kits you have 5ml of water and each drop is one degree of hardness so adding 3 drops means the gh/kh is 3 degrees of hardness. You can use 10ml of water and work to half a degree but to be fair the tests won't be exact figures anyway and will measure other things as hardness so no need to be exact with them or worry about the results too much, they're just a guide.

Measuring co2 isn't as simple as that. You can can use your Kh results and PH results to work out how much co2 is in the water as long as you know how much acid was in there to start with. The problem with test kits they will measure all types of acid in the water not just the co2. That's why we use drop checkers, they isolate the test regent from the tank water so you know all you're measuring is the change in co2.

Back