• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Powerhead for 180L planted tropical tank

Ks198

Hi guys,

I want to buy a powerhead for my 180l tank. The reason I need to buy one is that I got myself 2 bamboo shrimp and they seems look for food in the substrate all the time, which means they are starving. They should be fed from flow, but my outflow from pump is right on the top of the tank. I wonder if anyone could recommend me a quiet powerhead to installl near to the bottom of tank. I was looking at tunze 6015, would that be too strong for tropical tank?

Thx a lot

Kai

I believe they don't need high flow for food... they usually move around the tank for a better spot to get food through the day, so you should have something near the outflow where they can stay. How/what are you feeding them?

Last edited:
I believe they don't need high flow for food... they usually move around the tank for a better spot to get food through the day, so you should have something near the outflow where they can stay. How/what are you feeding them?

I had them for 4 days and they been either hiding or digging substrate. I haven't feed them anything yet, but I have bought some spirulina and I will spot feed them, but they are not moving to outflow at all, I have plants which they can easily get the flow, but they are not interested at all. That's why I am thinking to get another powerhead to bring flow to them.

Thx

Kai

Back