• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Power Cut - Filter performance

Fanning.JPG
Neon.JPG
Gourami.JPG

Nitrite zero, hooray! Ammonia, er...reagent bottle is empty, agh! Didn’t notice it was low. More ordered. Away with work now so relying on slave labour to do a precautionary water change 😂

As I’ve got (much) older I’m now really fond of my fish and want them to thrive and be content and I get pleasure nurturing them. It wasn’t always this way!

Non of us were. We have to go through the pick and mix, fully crammed, stage before enlightenment and the reward of harmony.

Has anybody considered using a UPS with their aquarium? Might be a worth while addition when you consider the financial (and emotional) investment our aquariums are.
For those that can't use a generator, a portable power station is a good option. I think a UPS would be more expensive and less effective.

For those that can't use a generator, a portable power station is a good option. I think a UPS would be more expensive and less effective.
People have tried using UPS, but a suitably sized UPS to last more than a few hours would be very expensive.

For example a 500VA UPS costing £200, with say 50W of filter power and say a 200W heater on 50% of the time will last 500VA/(50+200*0.5)= 3 hours !!!

In fact if you have no power to your house, no heating, and house temperature falls the heater will be more than 50% and drain the UPS even quicker.

Back