• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Possible Aquascaping Scissors?

SamTheMan

Recently, i bought some nail scissors, thinking they could be used as aquascaping scissors, as they are quite sharp and have curved tips, and being very small i thought they would be good in my nano tanks, for trimming plants. What do you think about this idea? there is some grease/dirt in the mechanism, but that can be washed off.

Solution
Scissors are scissors. Go for it. I used to use office scissors 🙂

OFM2071800.jpg
I'm definitely gonna use them now, I don't really know what concerns I had before, but I just thought I'd ask, thanks for your replies !! :)

I'm definitely gonna use them now, I don't really know what concerns I had before, but I just thought I'd ask, thanks for your replies !! :)
What matters is that you feel comfortable using them. I would say the minimum requirement is that they are stainless steel to avoid premature rusting. Other than that it's really a matter of shape. Plant trimming scissors are usually curved as it makes trimming easier, but as I said above, scissors are scissors.

Back