• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Portinho da Arrábida - uma vista de Troia

A bit like Goldilocks 'Someone's been sitting in MY chair'

DSCF2439.jpg

Andy

They are a mixture form what I am gathering. Maculatus and Merah.

However I'm not happy with them. they're dropping like flies, can't keep away from the filter inflow, a couple of jumpers, a couple at the surface then dead and they are just far too energetic for my liking. I like fish that calmly move around. These are like a swarm of shrimp and as I already have countless shrimp I am after something a lot calmer :)

These are moving into my unseen tank in my emersed cupboard. Then I am going to decide what I want in here in their place. Bad impulse buy this one. lol

Andy

Because I'm in a good mood and a change of behaviour the Boraras may well get a reprieve and remain in this tank now.

The count is (I think 18) remaining and all the 'Merah' seem to have been the weaklings only leaving the Maculatus. I say think because its hard to count things that move :)

No floaters/jumpers/filter sniffers today or yesterday and the fish seem to now be much calmer and do tend to stick in the same area (or half) of the tank as each other now.

I have no idea what made the change. Whether it is the smaller number, whether it is that they are now a single species.

Could be CO2. I used the solution supplied with the DC as my bromo blue but was registering green permanently so I redid the DC with API Ph reagent. This is because of the red gills. They are fine late on but not during the day so I assume the CO2 was pretty high and the DC wasn't telling me.

Was using 3bps through an Up inline atomizer and from reports on the web these work much better than others with most users reporting they have to turn the bubble rate down. Mine has been on 1bps for the last 2 days.

Also I have removed the circulation pump. The plantmass isn't that high so we'll see how it goes. Just running with the 5.6x turnover of the Eheim now.

Why am I in a good mood? Spent most of yesterday moving Cory eggs into a little net :) Last 2 batches have been duds so hopefully this will be a better result.

Andy

Got myself a new tank..... Not happy with the hardscape though. lol

This is Kaysha. Being used as hardscape 30 minutes after being born :) These acrylic tanks are ace and the hospital's got loads of them. How am I gonna complete them all?

DSCF2464.jpg

Andy

ianho said:
mate, i'm not sure about the crack in the side of that tank!

well done, Andy.

Best have a word with your bosses matey :) I'm gonna leave it as it is for a week or 2 just to see if it is watertight. lol

Andy

These photos are from 26th July when the tank was just over 2 weeks old. Was getting ready for the new baby birth so a bit late puttting them up :)

They are shots from between 10:30pm and 11pm in the photoperiod. I can tell that because the 'sunset' stagger has gotten to just the last series of lights. The moonlights are showing up on the left hand side.

There are a few pics of the corys here too. They love night time and are getting ready for overdrive.

DSCF2443.JPG

DSCF2446.JPG

DSCF2449.JPG

DSCF2452.JPG

Andy

The scape is now 5 weeks old and not a huge amount to report with regards to plant growth. Remember the Bolbitus you see all around the tank is just added plantmass and not actually part of the scape. They are removable quite easily as they are attached to pebbles. The same goes for the few small pieces of Needle fern on the left and right hand 'flat' rocks.

The flame moss is taking off really well but not spreading horizontally much as of yet. the Fissidens a similar result where they are looking very healthy now but very slowly spreading outwards.

The Boraras are now all Maculatus. No Merah left in there. There are 15 in all and that has been stable for the last 3 weeks. They are starting to school as a group too which is nice.

This Maculatus is very coloured up. The others not as much as this. I think this is alpha No1 :)
DSCF2548.JPG

DSCF2550.JPG

DSCF2551.JPG

DSCF2553.JPG

DSCF2554.JPG

DSCF2555.JPG

Andy

A few more pics of the Corys enjoying the last half an hour of light (tonight)

DSCF2559.JPG

DSCF2560.JPG

DSCF2561.JPG

Andy

The luminaire is one box that effectively has 6 lights units in it (5 series of LEDs and the cathode moonlights)

So each line front to back is a series of 3. In these pictures only the last series of 3 on the right is on.

So there are 6 leads coming out of the back (in one of those 'zip cable tidies' and each goes to it's own plug and timer.

Andy

No driver box. all the wiring is within the luiminaire shell. The drivers are the size of a UK stamp and are inside the luminaire. plain and simple thin leads coming straight out the back of the luminiare to the DC adaptor plugs :)

series%20diagram.JPG

Andy

Back