• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plumbing Query re RO Housing

tubamanandy

Bascally, having our kitchen re-fitted soon.

I want to plumb my standard 3-pod (3 x 10" pre-filter and 2 x GAC) filter unit I(its basically an RO unit without the RO membrane on top) into my kitchen hot water copper piping.

How would I go about this as havn't got a clue where to start and what fittings I would use.

Hey,

I've got this setup for plumbing RO to the mains.

It's like a small section of copper pipe with a G clamp style tap which punches itself through the pipe.

Don't know much about these things or if this will help you at all, but on the off chance that it may:

e4u4u9yr.jpg

Cheers
N

I don't want to retrofit fit as I'm having my whole kitchen done anyway - I'm looking for a really neat solution - need to know how to go about it and what type/size of connectors to use although clearly your setup would wrk

Yes thats how I did mine although I did install an isolation tap between this and the ro filter mostly for ease incase I wanted to remove it for any reason, flow rate is entirely dependent on your water pressure, if pressure is low you may need to install a booster pump between the fitting and filter

I just fitted a 15mm T in the main line with a valve, 150mm of 15mm pipe & a stopend, I then used the standard fitting on the extension.
Maybe not the smartest of alternatives but, easy, safe & main water valved.

Same as mine pictured above pal?

Back