• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please help, my twinstar 600e went pop and now wont turn on

BenR24

So I just finished getting my tank planted, CO2 running, filter all going, have the light placed on works for a few minutes to get some photos then pop, light goes off. I changed the fuse to check but nothing. I've now got a fully planted tank and no light. What should I do? this is very frustrating, light didnt get wet as was no where near tank in set up process.

So I just finished getting my tank planted, CO2 running, filter all going, have the light placed on works for a few minutes to get some photos then pop, light goes off. I changed the fuse to check but nothing. I've now got a fully planted tank and no light. What should I do? this is very frustrating, light didnt get wet as was no where near tank in set up process.
Have you just brought this new?
Any controller involved or just the main light cable plugged direct into the feed? - Does this connection feel nice and snug or is there a bit of wobble in it?
When you say 'pop' did it make a sound or just 'pop' as i all of a sudden?

Plant list?

Depending on type and species, switching to dry start conditions may be “better” - and then rig up some desk lamp etc for 12h/day - or push tank into the sunlight :D

Hi,

So the light was brand new, fresh out of the box for about 30 mins sitting on the table, no controller although I had one in the post. What i'm doing is using my Fluval 3.0 plant from my main tank so doing 6 hours light period on that in the morning, and then shifting it to this tank in the afternoon for 5 hours with co2 coming on an hour before n stopping hour before off. So I think this backwards n forwards switch should be okay for a few days. I bought it from aquarium gardens but been quite a challenge to speak to someone, which is understandable due to the circumstances. But a message on facebook messenger they said to send it to them, not with much other detail, but I sent it this morning, just trying to get hold of them to tell them i've sent it to them now though...

thanks for your support! I'm just hoping they'll see the fault and send me a replacement asap... although they are out of stock online.
also the pop was a audible sound aha

Hi,

I had my Twinstar 900 s go pop also.
It was the transformer that burned out. (they appear to be quite low quality)
Bought a new one from RS Components and all good.
Thanks for the info, I've sent it off now so hopefully won't be long before they can get a replacement out, I would just buy one myself but seeing as it wasn't used for over 10 mins i'd rather get it free of charge

Back