• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please help me achieve perfection

Progen

iArISGr.jpg

After a few months of mucking about, I finally went pressurised high tech and settled on EI dosing. Suspect that my fairly high (7+) pH had something to do with the plants showing iron deficiencies plus the recommended doses on the Flourish were way too low. Anyway, I've boosted that now and so many of the plants which used to be melting or stagnated are doing much better now but after a week of additional iron, the new leaves are still on the translucent side.

QLUEnHe.jpg

Is this as good as it can get without calling for God's help? Something is in deficit, right?

Last edited:
For some plants, new leaves are transparent such as fern, Vallisneria. Don't know for the one you have though.

For your Helanthium (=plant on pic.) the newest leaves will allways be more translucent. This should change into more full colour as each leaf mature. Helanthium, and close relatives Echinodorus, usually benefit very much from extra nutrients at roots (=root capsules).
- no need to disturb God for this matter (she surely have other matters to tend to).......;)

Back