• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please Help! Distribution and Co2

michael woods

Ok, so today was the day of reckoning! After weeks of cycling my new filter...the tank was ready to put some fish and shrimp BUT. I've immediately hit a stumbling block and would massively appreciate it if anyone can help me out! I'm running a 64l interpet fishbox with a fluval 106 external canister, a pressurised co2 system from co2 art (bazooka diffuser/3kg cylinder and a hydor koralia 900. As for flora, I am aiming for a carpet of dwarf hairgrass, there's some pogostemon helferi and ludwigia glandulosa (these to be added tomorrow). After suffering with a bit of algae, Clive told me the issue was probably due to co2 so I'm running at around 1bps and invested in the koralia powerhead. Before the fish went in, I could see the micro bubbles reaching every part of the tank and the plants are looking good! However, I added some black tetras this afternoon and they were being blown all over the shop so I reduced the flow on the fluval to no avail. I switched the powerhead off and the fish can swim so much easier and are exploring the tank...switch it back on and they're like Alaskan salmon swimming upstream :( Only thing is, without the powerhead, I fear that the co2 bubbles aren't reaching every corner of the tank. I'm limited in my positioning of the outflow due to the stupid design of the hood. If anyone can help me with this I will be eternally grateful. This is my first attempt at an aquascape so go easy.
eove.jpg

Back