• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Please critique my attempt at an iwagumi.

Jimmyc

Hi all. As per the title, could someone please give me some feedback on my silly attempt at an iwagumi scape. I got all excited about doing this one and watched so many YouTube tutorials, but I’m not totally convinced I’ve got it right. This is my third attempt at a scape, I set this up nearly 4 weeks ago now, and it’s currently doing a dark start. Since it’s all covered up I’ve not really seen it since i started it, i was going to attempt at making a pathway, but my best bet is, it’s not as easy as it looks. Being so new to this, i guess I’m just naive? I’m just not convinced with it, and if some of you seasoned pros would like to give me some pointers, I’m all ears.
Thanks
James
P.S i did a dark start with this because my plan is to use Cuba as a carpeting plant, and due to a big diatoms outbreak on a previous tank, i pretty much lost my hairgrass on this tank! So my plan is to try and mitigate it on this new setup.

Attachments

• IMG_9819.jpeg
    IMG_9819.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9818.jpeg
    IMG_9818.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Certainly not a seasoned pro 😂 but I'll just give my take on it if it helps. Probably completely wrong mind.

I find the main stone quite overpowering where it is and doesn't really link with the right hand side. Also the 90° angle jars a bit on the stone in front of it. Combined with the main stone, I find myself looking at the tank in two halves, maybe not helped by the path area being central in the tank?

Back