• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plastic Fantastic

Re: Drifting

Watching My Falx and they are Getting Randy. Males are displaying to the Females. And Doing the Shimmy Dance

Lighting With Just the New LED Underwater Bar
I like the Moody effect it brings to the tank
027.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

With all the Lighting On
015.jpg

008-1.jpg

Caught one of the Cories on a Pad
019.jpg

And Yes I know the Glass is dirty with Diatoms, I leave it for the Plecs and Shrimp

And Yes I know the Glass is dirty with Diatoms, I leave it for the Plecs and Shrimp

haha... yeah me too! ;)

Looks great! really natural!

The Dominant Male Peacock is Guarding Eggs again, so will see what happens this time

Lovely looking tank, has developed hugely an is definitely at its best right now :)

Looking great Gill, very atmospheric and moody with all those floaters.

Sorry don't have time to read through the whole thread again, but is that DHG in low tech? Any liquid carbon? I seem to be struggling with my DHG with easycarbo and EI, any tips?

spyder said:
Looking great Gill, very atmospheric and moody with all those floaters.

Sorry don't have time to read through the whole thread again, but is that DHG in low tech? Any liquid carbon? I seem to be struggling with my DHG with easycarbo and EI, any tips?

Yeah It is, The Only thing i dose at water change is a Bottle of Micro Basic from George. No Idea what is in it as all in german.
Although I have Never had a Problem growing DHG in the past without Ferts. Has always grown for me. don't do anything special with it.

I remember a few years ago i kept some of the larger species of Macro Shrimp.
I added 2 of the P@H Macro Shrimp to this tank back in August, as I wanted to see how they would interact with the inhabitants.
I have been watching them whenever i sit infront of the tank for a spell.
I have been under the assumption that they would pick on the smaller shrimp and fish. And So Far they are behaving like any other shrimp, they can be seen perched on the heater in the day simply sitting there. When I add food they slowly come down and graze on the food. Sometimes I see them moving about amongst the Marimo Ball Corner.
I do like these in that when they are eating I can see them digesting the food, does look a bit gross. And at first i thought they had parasites untill I watched a few feeding vids on youtube (Such a great resource for fishkeepers).
I am Going to Add some Armored Shrimp when I find them, as Have never kept them before and missed out on them in the past. I think they would look Very Interesting trundling around in the Hairgrass.

Thanks for the compliments Guys.
I Do like having a messy tangled scape.
Have noticed today that I have more Springtails on the Floating Foliage. Should give the fish something to munch on.
And I am Bidding on some Interesting fish at the moment, and hope to win them.
One of them have been on my Wish List for a Very Long Time, and the Overhanging Foliage will Suit very Very Nicely.
The others are just some Sb Butterfly Rams, Not seen them for ages. And Don't really get the chance to to LFS browsing these days.

And Having Met some of the most Popular Ebay Fish Stores Recently, Will be Using every opportunity to get Better Prices. :lol:

Re: Drifting - Bid Bid Bid

Found My Armoured Shrimp, Quite Young @ 2Inches so A good size to add to the tank.
Also Saw some young Platinum halfbeaks, which might replace the idea i had for hatchetfish in the future.

Re: Drifting - Bid Bid Bid

Just finished adding a Diy Co2 to the tank with a Powerhead (Pico 500lph). Just waiting for the Co2 to make enough pressure to be of use in the tank.
Just need to Setup something for BrineShrimp Cultivation.

Re: Drifting - Win/Lose Win

I lost the Bidding on the Splash Tetras, but won what I wanted - Butterfly Finned SB Rams :)

I Will have a Nice Breeding group of them coming this week. Nice Hareem for the Male.

Rams Arrived and Very Happy with them, They are still quite young and very cute. They are smaller than the Peacocks, so have been bugged a little by the Dom.Male. This should pass shortly.

Dan Walter said:
Hi Gill, any pics of the Rams?
Tank is looking good mate

Not yet, going to wait for them to settle in.

SBGBR's are settling in well and are staying in a group as they swim around. Will try and get some pix of them over the weekend. Dom. Male Goby has stopped hassling them now which is good. he has moved onto hassling the female to come into the cave.

Also I Have Algae Woes ATM.
I had thought it was the Marimo Propagating. Only thing is it is taking over the Hairgrass and other plants.
I am going to Increase Flow in the tank along the hairgrass line, I have a UV Steriliser aswell that I can Add.
I have not had any Algae Probs in Years, So At a bit of an impass with it. It is thick and Wiry and grows in clumps.

Back