• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants that don't need planting?

Halil

Hi,
Im looking for various types of plants that don't need to be placed in the substrate.
Is there a common name for them?

I know of anubius , java ferns and mosses. Anything else?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
I found right now this topic and maybe is interesting to share an unexpacted experience I had.
In my 100 litters aqvarium I have Hygrophila Polysperma Sunset "Rosanervig". After first planting,
it grew very fast and, when it was in a shape of very dense bush, began to float! I tried to fix it
in the ground, I tried to put it between rocks ... no result! When grow like a bush rise over the stone.
One possible explanation is related with low light, when the plant search for light and the roots
are not able to keep it down. Probable not, because the light is more than enough. I have some
SAE and Atyopsis that are passing the area where plant is; probable they contribute to the uprooting.
Anyway, I give up. It stays fixed between rocks and looks perfect. From time to time, I simple push it
back, between some rocks. Leaves looks very healthy and it grows like before.

Is true that Rosanervig generate aerien roots, so it is easy to take all nutrients from water only.
I use as fertilizers Tropica universal, Ferropol and Kalium-Potasium, in the weekly dossage, when
I make the water change. The light is around 0,6 w/litter, with a light program 8.30-12.00 and 14.30-21.30.

So, this is it. Maybe you try this too.
Found by accident, looks like a posible nice plant in your aquarim, without planting it.

Back