• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planting Thoughts

greenmac75

Hi folks, looking for thoughts on planting.

I recently got a new piece of redmoor and I was thinking to plant hydrocotyle around it like the left hand side, I'm not sure about my staurogyne on the left and do you think I should add any background planting?

1fnhMr.jpg

Any direction or advice will be welcome.

Cheers Stephen

In my view I'd just keep it simple use the same carpet plant throughout and plant hydrocotyle on the right too. Some red stems - Rotala rotundifolia maybe - would perhaps look good at the very back tho'.

+1 Rotala all along the back with a gap in the middle.

Needs slopes either side and you gotta mix up the plants a bit, looks too uniform with each plant separated like that.

How long did that carpet of hairgrass take? Looks awesome.

5 weeks for the eleocharis sp mini, wasn't sure about slopes as only 30 cm from substrate to surface, just have traditional slope front to back, the redmoor is above water level and the light is on stands not much more room.

Last edited:
I love the look it has....looks calm and relaxing...
I would probably do the same right as on the left side, the only thing I would change is the Staurogyne and the Eleocharis...the Staurogyne only around the islands, not to the front, the Eleocharis from left to right (as on the right side), maybe some red stem plant in the middle/back of the islands, but that's about it.

Back