• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planted Tank

ArronM

Hey guys, so I’ve been doing a planted cycle seen some gold growth so added 6 danios over a period of 7 days I had water results of 0 including nitrate telling me the cycle hasn’t started yet as the plants are taking up all of the ammonia instead. So I’ve added some more danios and some filter media from my LFS I’ve had to place it in a media bag under my filter to see if this will kick start things. I did however have lots of grime come of the media when I put it in the tank, it has settled now will this cause issues in the long run or will it be fine?

Any advice to get my cycle started and finished would be amazing I’m new to planted tanks but enjoying it all the way and learning a lot. The tank is going to be a pea puffer only tank so the danios once cycled will be put into my community tank 240L 4FT tank.

Thanks In advance

For some up-to-date information on 'cycling' have a look at this thread;
Cycling
and the ones it links to.

Some more details of your tank would help. :)
And photos are good if possible.

For some up-to-date information on 'cycling' have a look at this thread;
Cycling
and the ones it links to.

Some more details of your tank would help. :)
And photos are good if possible.

Hey, I’m have a read through that now :)

Here’s some photos for you when it was first set up. No fish obviously just added water at this point.

Attachments

• 7727522A-5AA1-43BF-9D17-D5A5877AC137.jpeg
    7727522A-5AA1-43BF-9D17-D5A5877AC137.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
Back