• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planted tank post quarantine gone bad

Ehcosbie

Hi all,

I have a reasonably well planted tank that I have been using as a quarantine tank. Unfortunately, the six cardinal tetra that were in there have all died due to what I believed to be white spot/ ich. I am pretty gutted about this. As soon as I saw a white spot on one of them I started treating the tank with appropriate meds but for all my efforts, they have perished. I have already talked with the fish shop from where they came from and they are very apologetic and are refunding me.

But my question is this: as all the fish died from a parasite or bacterial infection/ disease do I need to take apart the tank and bleach everything and start again from scratch including new substrate and plants etc to make it safe for future in habitants?

All advice welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited:
No its fish only, so you can use the tank for snails or shrimp directly if you want to. If you already have some in there, don't move them for the coming weeks, since they can still carry the parasite with the water in their shells and suchlike.

Back