• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID's

Animallover

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the hobby. I have just bought a fish tank and have decided from a picture the kind of scape that I am aiming to achieve. The only problem is that I got this image off a random website with no information about the plants.

Can anyone help me identify the types of plants in this scape so I can buy them please?

Also, the real long dangly plants at the surface are they being directed in that direction with the outflow from the filter as will mean my placement of the in let and out let would be important.

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• B56CB7CF-8BD0-41EE-BFE9-C6B1D70E2973.jpeg
    B56CB7CF-8BD0-41EE-BFE9-C6B1D70E2973.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 175
I think the "dangly" one is Cyperus helferi, I've managed a similar look with the easier growing Vallisneria spiralis 'Tiger'.

Yes they are following the flow from the outlet.

As for more identification I'll leave that to an expert like @Christel

Yes, I can help. The photo is little bit unsharp, but I can recognize on the right and in the middle Heterantherea zosterifolia, on the left the red-leaved stem plant is Rotala rotundifolia, behind Vallisneria (no Cyperus, but you can use this species also, but Vallisneria is much easier to cultivate), in the foreground I see a young plant of Anubias barteri var. coffeifolia, beside Javafern, in the middle some Anubias 'Bonsai' and everywhere moss (not possible to say which one). I cannot recognize what is between Rotala and Vallisneria. Najas? or weak shoots of Heteranthera? I hope this is helpful.

Yes, I can help. The photo is little bit unsharp, but I can recognize on the right and in the middle Heterantherea zosterifolia, on the left the red-leaved stem plant is Rotala rotundifolia, behind Vallisneria (no Cyperus, but you can use this species also, but Vallisneria is much easier to cultivate), in the foreground I see a young plant of Anubias barteri var. coffeifolia, beside Javafern, in the middle some Anubias 'Bonsai' and everywhere moss (not possible to say which one). I cannot recognize what is between Rotala and Vallisneria. Najas? or weak shoots of Heteranthera? I hope this is helpful.
Very helpful! Thank you so much! At least I now know what plants to buy.

Back