• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID please

Ajm200

Hi everyone.

I’m hoping the plants experts in the group can help me ID plant that has appeared in my pond.

The pond was set up this summer and I bought some plants on ebay as stick at pur local shop wasn’t great. I didn’t buy floating plants

Aftet I added the plants a couple of floating plants appeared. The first is duckweed. The goldfish seem to nibble that so it isn’t out of control yet

The other the picture. The leaves are thick, waxy and round. The roots are long. It grows fairly fast bit is easy to collect up and remove it if need be

Please can someone tell me what it is?
Do I want it my pond or is it a nuisance plant like duckweed?
If it is safe and won’t take over in the pond, is it OK in indoor tanks?

Apologies if it is a dumb question. Not familiar with floating plants as my tanks were covered in the past and this is my first pond. I’m just learning

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CA011519-AE75-4D93-9592-DB973C5A936B.jpeg
    CA011519-AE75-4D93-9592-DB973C5A936B.jpeg
    709 KB · Views: 121
Hi everyone.

I’m hoping the plants experts in the group can help me ID plant that has appeared in my pond.

The pond was set up this summer and I bought some plants on ebay as stick at pur local shop wasn’t great. I didn’t buy floating plants

Aftet I added the plants a couple of floating plants appeared. The first is duckweed. The goldfish seem to nibble that so it isn’t out of control yet

The other the picture. The leaves are thick, waxy and round. The roots are long. It grows fairly fast bit is easy to collect up and remove it if need be

Please can someone tell me what it is?

Apologies if it is a dumb question. Not familiar with floating plants as my tanks were covered in the past and this is my first pond. I’m just learning

Thanks in advance
Limnobium laevigatum
It is a very nice plant, and while it may grow fast, it is easily removable since the leaves grow quite large. You can just scoop a handful out every week.

Yes, the plant is safe. And a lovely choice for indoor tanks. The roots may grow a bit too big for smaller tanks however.

Apologies for all the typos. Typing with a migraine isn’t my thing it seems

Back