• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant help needed

Matti

Hello,
I'm doing some changes to my 55l jungle scape, would like to change the Alchentera reineckii in the middle. In the picture it looks ok, but it's actually a real mess.
I don't like the way it grows shooting roots all over, rotting leaves and just getting too big.

What I'm looking for is a similar type of centerpiece plant, with red or dark leaves. But not as impenetrable as the Alchentera. Any suggestions? A crypt of some kind?

The same goes with the Rotala H'ra, time to say goodbye. They are growing like grazy, and you have to trim them constantly. After trimming they look like s...., until they are again over grown and you have to cut them again. I'm thinking of replacing them with the Ludwigia super red, or some other reddish plant with small leaves.

Matti

Attachments

• IMG_4579.jpeg
    IMG_4579.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 171
What I'm looking for is a similar type of centerpiece plant, with red or dark leaves. But not as impenetrable as the Alchentera. Any suggestions? A crypt of some kind?
Cryptocoryne Wendtii Brown, Cryptocoryne albida Brown and Cryptocoryne undulata Red are darker leaved.

Ludwigia super red
IME with super red it is a very fast grower also but is more of a messy looking plant.

Any suggestions for a similar plant like the super red?

All stem plants are more or less quick growing. You can use all rhizome plants - a red Echinodorus hybrid or Cryptocoryne for example.

Back