• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pinwheel impeller for fluval 207

I expect you'll have to make one as I don't think pin wheel impellers are used in canister filters often, if at all.
I'm guessing you want to use your canister filter as a CO² reactor. If that is the case there isn't any need for a pin wheel impeller. I have a diffuser that sits below my filter intake and I have no bubbles visible in the tank with only the occasional squeak of undissolved CO² escaping via the spray bar but most gets dissolved.

As above, if it is for CO2 it's not needed. I inject my CO2 into the intake without a diffuser at all and it works a charm.

I just tried this with a 307 and 200l tank so fairly higher injection rates.
Would burp about once every 30mins at a rough guess?
No bubbles in the tank which was nice but the burping was anouying so switched back

I just tried this with a 307 and 200l tank so fairly higher injection rates.
Would burp about once every 30mins at a rough guess?
No bubbles in the tank which was nice but the burping was anouying so switched back
I second this. High injection rate with a fluval 407 on a 180L tank here. It kept burping and expelling the co2 buildup... kind of counter-productive as a reactor. I decided to build a cerges reactor and haven't looked back since.

Back