• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Photobucket

killi69

Hi Paolo and all,

I received emails from Photobucket to say I need to start paying ($60/year!) to keep my photos. Apart from paying, or re-uploading all the pictures, I don't suppose there is anything that can be done by UKAPS to save content on this site?

I have my old thread (giant tank for killis) which was based on photos uploaded via Photobucket and would be such a shame for me to lose as a record of my passion at the time. More importantly, I imagine there would be a huge amount of journals at risk which would be such a sad loss for UKAPS.

Apologies, if this has already been addressed elsewhere. I did look!

Regards, Andre

Hi Andre,

I run a script once in a while that coverts the hosting of the photos posted on UKAPS, from whichever cloud provider you use to be hosted locally on UKAPS.

One way to check is to right click on the photo and select view image and the URL should be ukaps.org, if not let me know and I can have a look.

I did that sometime ago to prevent the huge loss of photos we had at the beginning due to photo sharing sites closing down or started charging people.

Which reminds me, I have not run that in a couple of months! so better do that this weekend ;)

Cheers
Paulo

Amazing, Paulo, that sounds like a huge undertaking. Well done and thank you for all the work involved :)
Actually the donations to the forum pay for these kinds of add-ons, I do not have the time or skills to write some of these nice to have features, so I pay some subscriptions to some Xenforo developers every year, and they provide access to their add-ons/scripts (which they regularly maintain/support) :)

Off course I still have to find the ones that are suitable for us, install and configure them, and keep them up-to-date :) and ensure they are doing what they are supposed to do.

Last edited:
Actually the donations to the forum pay for these kinds of add-ons, I do not have the time or skills to write some of these nice to have features, so I pay some subscriptions to some Xenforo developers every year, and they provide access to their add-ons/scripts (which they regularly maintain/support) :)

Off course I still have to find the ones that are suitable for us, install and configure them, and keep them up-to-date :) and ensure they are doing what they are supposed to do.
So much work going on behind the scenes🙏

Many thanks guys :) just doing my bit to maintain a great space for all to share and learn from one another :)
It will soon be a decade that I have been looking after this site :eek::eek::shh::shh:

Back