• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PH vs KH

I have already tested the lean dosing in the tank and it was not working well, plant was not in great shape losing leaves etc.
Such symptoms do not fit well as a result of low nutrients.

Such symptoms do not fit well as a result of low nutrients.
Only thing have done was reducing the dosage and this happent. I have no active substrate either where they can get what they needs. Maybe some elements was going to nothing and they had not enough to grow and keeping their old foliage.

20230901_205441.jpg

Thoughts ?

Overall they seems greener that they used to be. They definately became monster though, 1/4 inch stem.

I still get some stem to stunt. It seems always in the same area. Flow issue ?

So that's with 3x dosage of my aio, 1.5 drop ph. Temps at 85f.

I have no active substrate either where they can get what they needs.
You don't have to have an active substrate.
Maybe some elements was going to nothing and they had not enough to grow and keeping their old foliage.
Maybe. There are so called 'mobile nutrients' which the plant can re-mobilize from old leaves to the young ones in case of necessity. Nitrogen belongs among them.
However, from my observation, in most cases the mechanism is different. Plants shed their mature leaves when they become liability instead of source of benefit. Sometimes due to low light, but more often due to low oxygen. If the old leaves respire more than photosynthesize, they are net consumers of energy. Quite the contrary to what they are meant for. In such a situation, the plant gets rid of them.
Do not underestimate the danger of low oxygen, especially in a warm Discus tank.

Back