• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

pH, CO2, and almond leaves

Dr.selr77

Seedling
Hey everyone and thanks for the help.

I have a 15g fluval Flex planted high tech tank with cherry shrimp, rummy nose tetras, cardinal tetras, and endler guppies.

Water parameters: KH 3 GH 8 pH 7.4-7.6 without CO2 6.6 with CO2, 8 hour photo period. CO2 offset by 1 hour prior to the lights.

I’d like to add some almond leaves or alder cones to the tank.

The question is how will this affect my pH? Will the leaves lowering the general water pH affect how much I should be dosing with CO2? Ie should I turn it down some when I initially add a leaf or two? I don’t want to gas my fish and shrimp out by lowering he pH below 6.6 when the CO2 is on during the day.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 805FB25B-0007-4508-AFB7-CE771FB1B280.jpeg
    805FB25B-0007-4508-AFB7-CE771FB1B280.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 289
Ad the leaves and don't worry about the pH. The pH will lower a bit but this shouldn't hurt the inhabitants.
gas my fish and shrimp
You are not changing the amount of gas, so no risks

Thanks EdVet. My worry was based on the KH, pH, CO2 and buffering capacity since I’m pushing the limit of yellow in my drop checker at 6.6. I was a little less worried when I couldn’t find any similar threads, lol. This keeps me more calm. I appreciate it!

Back