• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Still think a tank of this size needs some signature fish in it - Angels,discus and a school of Bleeding hearts would look good .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably to appeal to everyday aquarists. It's a tank setup to entice the average fish keeper to the world of aquascaping, large fish with "Shark" in the name will do just that.

I can second that! People don't even care how they look or whether a fish fits in the aquarium, as soon as the word 'SHARK' is in the name, they want it. Even if it is just a catfish, only looking very slightly like a shark. Working in an lfs, it really pushes my patience to the limit.

... Or being less pessimistic it could also be to highlight the size seemingly relatively small fish can grow to. When someone Asks for one, they can be pointed out in the tank and a more suitable option presented.

Either way this tank, although Cloudy-ish, looks great. I Want to have a drive down and see it at some point.

Now if you want to put something in that looks good with the word SHARK I'd have gone for 3/4 Red Tail Black sharks . Tank that size they'd soon get to an impressive size

Now if you want to put something in that looks good with the word SHARK I'd have gone for 3/4 Red Tail Black sharks . Tank that size they'd soon get to an impressive size

Did you know Red tailed black sharks are under the category of 'critically Endangered'

:eek:

Isn't the Tropica brand and Ukaps name on it?

No, the UKAPS name isn't on it. It's up to Tropica to keep on top of this section, I'm sure they will when they have some time and something to report.

BTW, it's up to P@H to maintain these tanks.

I managed to get over there this morning and the tank looked great. It's grown a MASSIVE amount since I was last there, but then that was almost 6 months ago now.

All the ferns looked to be in great shape, and the crypts looked amazing although it's clear that they are suffering a little bit from a lack of flow in some places. The Aponogeton Crispus looked good and have grown a lot, but they were suffering from hat looked like hair algae. The Anubias again looked to be in great shape but as can happen with the leaves they looked to have a fair amount of green spot algae, but if you weren't looking for it it's not glaringly obvious. The Vallis could do with a trim as it is huge! There is a good 2 maybe even 3 feet of it on the surface.

The CO2 diffuser needs a clean, quite a bit of algae on that which no doubt is affecting the gas entering the tank.

All in all the tank looks great, and it was attracting a fair bit of attention but I think that was mainly for the amount of fish and shrimp in there rather than the beauty of the plants.

Now for the pics........

vu6e8ada.jpg
y5ypaqu8.jpg
u7u9uban.jpg
uzururep.jpg
8y3ytene.jpg
4asezapu.jpg

Those phone pics will have to do, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• vu6e8ada.jpg
    vu6e8ada.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 485
  • y5ypaqu8.jpg
    y5ypaqu8.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 487
  • u7u9uban.jpg
    u7u9uban.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 489
  • uzururep.jpg