• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

peoples thoughts on inline co2

Using the cheapest mufan inline difuser available for over a year now. :thumbup: Love it..

Hi Marcel,
it's 12/16 or 16/22?
Does it need to be clean regularly?
Co2 bubles are applied direct to water line or trough a ceramic plate?
Do you find it more or less efficient than a reactor?

I've been watching the JBL inline diffuser (16/22) but the ceramics need to be replaced once a year...
Thanks for the information,
cheers

As far as i know it comes in both sizes, it functions the same as an in tank diffuser only does in inline and the ceramic plate is replaceable and available as spare part. I have to clean it rarely, but you could chose to buy 2 disks and switch them out if you feel like cleaning the other. It is more sufficient as a in tank diffuser because the co2 caught directly into the flow.. I never used a reactor so i can't say.. I have about 2 bps and with this thing it goes a lot quiker takes half the time compaired to an in tank diffuser about 15 to 30 minutes i'm where i want (according my Ph controller). It is all in one, diffuser, B counter and checkvalve, i do not feel the need to buy (build) and try a reactor..

Because of it's size and construction it doesn't realy restrict any flow speed, so if pump capacity is more then enough it could be made even more sufficient to place a little ventury behind it to shred the bubbles even more if needed. But never see any bubbles leave the filter outlet and no mist or floating bubbles in the tank.. For small tanks this mufan works perfect in all aspects.. Have a a 5 litre co2 cannister on a 50 litre tank already running over a year and it's still not empty.. :thumbup:

If you do, make sure it is installed perfectly level in every direction. :) That's the only (negative) comment i can give on it. The further away it is placed from the tank inlet the better the co2 disolves into the water before it reaches the tank..

I've been watching the JBL inline diffuser (16/22) but the ceramics need to be replaced once a year...
Not sure that is true. I have had my UP inline atomiser since 2012 and not needed to clean it once. Still produces a fine mist of bubbles exactly the same as when I got it.

Only mod I have made is, if you are using thick wall 22mm tube, the tube locks are not that great and I managed to pull the tubes off whilst fiddling and start syphoning my tank onto the floor..:( So pipe now held on by stainless jubilee clips and problem solved.

Not sure that is true. I have had my UP inline atomiser since 2012 and not needed to clean it once. Still produces a fine mist of bubbles exactly the same as when I got it.

Only mod I have made is, if you are using thick wall 22mm tube, the tube locks are not that great and I managed to pull the tubes off whilst fiddling and start syphoning my tank onto the floor..:( So pipe now held on by stainless jubilee clips and problem solved.
Ive been using the jbl inline diffuser but I've just bought a reactor because I'm not keen on the bubbles in the water and I'm not convinced it's good saturation. They just find their way straight to the surface.

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

Back