• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Peculiar Pricing?!

I’ve decided to buy some Biomaster 250 spares for my 350 to try out using a smaller casing. I’ve ordered the casing and pre-filter cover from one company but they didn’t have the pre-filter intake tube. Looking around, the most expensive tube is the smallest - the 250!
The 350 and even larger 600 are cheaper. Strange. I’ve ordered a 600 tube as I can easily cut it down and I have a lathe to make an end plug for it.

IMG_1128.jpeg

Same with this supplier, but still cheaper than the ones above!

That's the retailer on Amazon too.

Postage is £2.95 so works out more expensive. If you buy on Amazon shipping is free, at least for me as I have prime.
You can also get them for £6.99 inc postage on eBay.

Edit: Those prices are good though. I’d probably have bought the 250 pipe from them if I’d seen it. 😉

Last edited:
Probably caused by pricing algorithms used by the resellers. I doubt Oase has deliberately set the retail price higher for the shortest tube. Check back in a month and it might be different.

On a related note, is the new intake tube of a wider diameter than the original, or is the only difference the bigger holes?

Probably caused by pricing algorithms used by the resellers. I doubt Oase has deliberately set the retail price higher for the shortest tube. Check back in a month and it might be different.

On a related note, is the new intake tube of a wider diameter than the original, or is the only difference the bigger holes?
Wider diameter (fits over the connection) AND a lot more holes, which are also larger.

And also different shape holes. Sadly it doesn’t seem to be making much if any difference at the moment. It does look a lot nicer than the old style one though! :lol:
When I wrote to Oase, they were pretty categorical that the new pre-filter tube would not increase flow. The main reason was to extend periods between maintenance.

When I wrote to Oase, they were pretty categorical that the new pre-filter tube would not increase flow. The main reason was to extend periods between maintenance.
Ah, I didn’t know that, but did expect it might help spread detritus more evenly over the pre-filter sponges.
Having said that, the last time I cleaned them it didn’t look any different.

I neglected to order the rubber feet and clips for the new casing. 🙄 The feet aren’t bad, about £4 for a set of four. The clips though vary from £4.26 to £12.99 Each!
Anyone found a really good price on these. Postage seems to be about £5 or £6 for most places.

I know I can remove the parts from the old casing but I’d rather not. TIA.

Back