• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pearling?

I'm getting some what I think O2 bubbles from the bottom of my rotala. Planted it yesturday I have co2 at 20-40ppm is it normal for pearling to happen from the roots/substrate?

If the water is saturated with oxygen it doesnt necessarily need to accumulate or form on the plant leaves. It can on any surface in the aqaurium.
Same as you can notice after a water change, the tap water was under pressure and highly saturated with oxygen and even have a higher content of Co². Than you can see oftenly form oxygen bubbles all over the tank, on the plants, the glass, the hardware, the substrate. It also can be algae and this needs much less energy to photosyntesize optimaly and burst out oxygen bubbles. The algae covered surfaces already accumulate oxygen bubbles while the plants don't. That's also often a marker to notice tiny filamentous algae on surfaces or even on the plant leaves. Hard to spot with the naked eye, if not covered in tiny bubbles.

Here you see such example clearly in the red circle.. :) It's not the plant, nor the moss making the bubbles.. It's the filamentous algae attached to it.. Without the bubbles they are barely to spot. But algae (cells) are always present and they too are photosyntesizing/oxygenating organisme like plants.
DSC_0150.jpg

Ahhha ok mate I'll keep an eye for algae outburst I can't say I can see any obvious sighns but I'll keep that in mind, I am seeing a few other leaves releasing O2 now I think so hopefully it's just that. Thank you, on the flip side I've looked at that aquairum plant food UK right dosing kit but can't for the life of me operate their website and my pay Pal does not work do you have any other recommendations of other ei kits at a decent price?

Ahhha ok mate I'll keep an eye for algae outburst

Doesn't necessarily goes together with an algae outburst.. :) We all have algae even if its not seen that obvious, that normal.. And also this algae can form bubbles. As said after a water change you might see patches of bubbles on the glass, even this can be from algae in the biofilm on it.. Algae on the glass is present before it shows, when you see it you probably cultivated it for a few weeks without notice. No big deal, that why we all clean the glass. :)

do you have any other recommendations of other ei kits at a decent price?
Not fpr the UK.. Other might know..

I order here.. He also ships to UK, but i do not know if this is lucrative for you with the shipping added.
https://www.aquariumbemesting.nl/nl/onze-producten/poeder-zelf-mengen

Ok cool thanks alot for your input, I done a water change today so maybe that's what I'm seeing. I get tons of biofilm on the water surface and glass after a day of a clean up and water change you can see it

Back