• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pearling = CO2 + Much More Light

Coys

I started injecting CO2 in August and have been achieving the desired pH drop, lime green drop checker, etc. daily since then, but have never seen any pearling; I was even beginning to believe that it was a myth.

However, roll on to Xmas Day when Santa brought me a new pair of Zetlight Lancia ZP4000 LEDs (2x1200mm 46w) to replace the original pair of T5s in my 240l and already everything is pearling like crazy. The colours of the fish are so much better under the LEDs too, espectially the Cardinals and Congos.

I started injecting CO2 in August and have been achieving the desired pH drop, lime green drop checker, etc. daily since then, but have never seen any pearling; I was even beginning to believe that it was a myth.

However, roll on to Xmas Day when Santa brought me a new pair of Zetlight Lancia ZP4000 LEDs (2x1200mm 46w) to replace the original pair of T5s in my 240l and already everything is pearling like crazy. The colours of the fish are so much better under the LEDs too, espectially the Cardinals and Congos.
How much were the zetlights bud? Have you got a link to where you bought them?
I'm in the same boat I've got around 60-70w of led's running, high co2 but no pearling.
Bit dissapointed as I'm not sure these lights are having the desired affect... Growth isn't fantastic and I can't get HC cuba to carpet properly.

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

How much were the zetlights bud? Have you got a link to where you bought them?

I got them from here. Good discount on at the moment too, which of course I missed :mad:. There are different models for marine and freshwater and you would need one receiver (package B) per light strip and one controller (package C) for full automation. The supplied instructions are useless, but the retailer emailed me a couple of pages which are much better; happy to share them if you or anyone else sends me a PM with their email address.

Of course I can't guarantee that they would be any better than your existing LEDs, but I'm impressed so far.

Back