• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'patience is a virtue'

timme278

tank
2.77 gallon (12 liters) 12x8x8" clearseal tank

light
11w Arcadia Arc unit

substrate
8 month old seachem Flourite black

hardscape
seiryu stone from plantedbox.com

co2
co2 will come from a disposable bottle thanks to a thread on here

filter
not sure yet, would like external but needs to be quite as its in my bedroom

plants
blyxa japonica
hc cuba

fish
crystal shrimp
celestial pearl danio's

quick bit of inspiration... from my weekend a level geography trip.
28022010182.jpg

100_3596.jpg

100_3598.jpg

what do you think of the rocks? i was stuggling to get one on the left to look right

what do you think on the rocks? & ill put some more sand beind the rocks when i'm happy

Re: 'patients is a virtue'

That left rock does look a little troublesome. It's a bit too triangular I think. Have you tried grouping two different stones together to look like one larger stone?

Sounds like a nice little nano scape :) I'm toying with the idea of a 16x8x8 clearseal tank which I have spare at the moment :)

i had a quick look through the rocks, all of whats left are pretty square/triangleyyyyy

but i changed it so tell me what you think now, i like it more i think.
06032010188.jpg

Looking at your inspirational picture looks like it shoots forwards towards you where as your scape is much more traditional, more mountain-esque. Do you have any needle stype rocks to try the forward racing scape like in your inspiration? I think it'd look amazing and definately be something really different and interesting if it where similar.

Garuf said:
Looking at your inspirational picture looks like it shoots forwards towards you where as your scape is much more traditional, more mountain-esque. Do you have any needle stype rocks to try the forward racing scape like in your inspiration? I think it'd look amazing and definately be something really different and interesting if it where similar.

sadly i dont, i wish i ordered more.

the inspiration basicly gave be the big rock, but its more to inspire everyone else on here too. im nice like that :lol:

It worked, I'm playing with rocks trying to match it. It's a very nice photo and excellent inspiration.

laying in bed last night, i decided something wasnt quite right... so i just came up with this...

07032010189.jpg

i decided i was happy with the rock formation so decided to take the plunge and plant a bit of hc emmersed

07032010191.jpg

07032010190.jpg

so i think ill leave it for about 2 months growing emmersed due to a wonderful family holiday planned and everything else

Im liking this quite a bit mate, firstly just bought a 16x8x8 clearseal tank just like yours and going for the same sorta thing (yn) and secondly i just got back from my A level Geography trip too with some inspiration for hardscape ;) should be interesting! good luck bud!

Is that your mobile number as a user name?! That stinks of bad idea to me!

ahaha i thought that, but 070 numbers arnt real are they?

were did you go on your geography trip?

haha noo not my mobile number, its actually my school I.T. login for the computers, so its just my birthdate with 0116 at the end of it.

I went to Slapton Ley Field Centre, not the most exciting of trips, how about you?

Garuf said:
PAH! Kids.
Grumble Grumble.
Hows the scaping going?

"my mummy says im a big boy thou" :lol: :lol:

its going good:) just doing emersed at the mo, but over the past 3 days ive noticed a small but significant growth in the hc :)

Looks good!

One question with the tank, did you take the plastic bit around the top off the tank off?

Back