• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Panel style aquarium lighting?

Nick potts

Does anyone know of any aquarium lighting that uses a wide panel of LED's rather than the standard strip type lights? There are a couple of reef specific ones like the Triton lani (perfect but £££) and the ATI Straton.

I was thinking something like this could work as a budget option 60x30cm 32W 3200lm (UGR19) LED Panel, spectrum might not be right but easily complemented if needed.

Thanks

If you can DIY your own waterproof enclosure and source large heat sinks then you can repurpose a MarsHydro panel, the cheapest panel the TS600 doesn’t do dimming so I use Stage Lighting Neutral Density film to reduce the output.

I cobbled mine into a glass display case to eventually convert into a terrarium, it’s keeping my Buce props happy.

89F4980A-12C6-4BCE-9790-BC521AB937BE.jpeg

32B45580-FDCE-4BAC-A28C-6F7149BBADE7.jpeg

The big aluminium heat sinks I used get hot to about 50c but much cooler than just the tin shade/heatsink that came with it.

:)

Back