• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Pandemic Pico

noodlesuk

I started a thread over in the DIY section, but thought I would start my first journal for the setup & scaping side.

Equipment
DIY 140mm Acrylic Tank 2.5L
Back sump filter with USB pump.
DIY LED light (9x5mm LED)
C02 via passive diffusion (test kit tube, not very effective, but a start.)

Hardscape
Unipac 1-2mm Natural Gravel
JBL Aquabasis
Local Flintstone (no hardness issues with this yet)

Plants
Rota rotundifolia
Sagittaria subulata
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Salvinia auriculata

Livestock is currently a couple of snails that must have hitched a ride on the plants. Might add a pair of shrimp, not sure, need to check suitability.

Currently growing in well, after about 4 weeks.
9_IMG20210303131420.jpg

8_IMG20210303131552.jpg

3_IMG20210303133411.jpg

IMG20210321083508.jpg

Last edited:

noodlesuk

Very nice, would you ever consider making these to sell?
I did consider it, quite enjoyed making the original and have already made a spare. It would make quite a nice project for new starters maybe. Think it could do with some modifications, the pump push fits in the back sump and could do to be a bit lower.

I almost thought of selling it as a kit, in flat form. But not sure if people would want to bond it up themselves?

Nick potts

Very nice little setup.

I was looking at the tiny tanks from china as a lockdown project myself.

I almost thought of selling it as a kit, in flat form. But not sure if people would want to bond it up themselves?
Yeah, I think the bonding would be the part most people would not want to do, as it's the most critical part.

noodlesuk

Very nice little setup.

I was looking at the tiny tanks from china as a lockdown project myself.

Yeah, I think the bonding would be the part most people would not want to do, as it's the most critical part.
Maybe if there is enough interest, could build up a batch of a few (UKAPS pico edition ;)) , would you want lights, or just open top? I had some PCBs made for the light controller, but needs some polishing, to make it more user friendly, buttons for intensity and possible profile settings.