• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Panasonic Lumix GH5

Scorpio1646

My iPhone camera is fine for everyday shots but I want to start being creative with my aquarium photos and the iPhone just isn't cutting it here. After spending a week researching the best DSLR for my budget I've shortlisted the Lumix GH5.....do any members own this camera and have pics to share?

Not really an answer to your question :oops: :sorry:
but are you looking for DSLR or Mirrroless (the GH5 - awesome camera but not one I'd choose if stills were my first priority & no, I don't own one (sadly))

Hi Alto, I primarily want to shoot 4K video for watching on my 4K TV. I'm not up to speed with all the mirrorless/dslr jargon which is obvious since you quite correctly point out that the GH5 is technically a mirrorless camera. I really wanted to go with Canon but cannot understand why they let Panasonic steal the lead like they have done on 4K. I would have to spend almost 3 times the amount of money to get a Canon equivalent to the GH5

Panasonic does outstanding video in their camera lines - I only point out the mirrorless aspect as that comes into play more with stills, especially low light or in terms of WYSIWYG (re viewing lens vs actual photo)

Canon has pursued a different market (I suppose as they've confounded me over the years ;))

Given your primary objective, I'd get the GH5 too :D

Back