• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Palm house / Tropical house

Macman6

Anyone know any palm houses or tropical glasshouses that are good viewing? preferably around manchester area ish.

Hi all,
I know <"RBG Kew"> isn't very close, but it is well worth the effort to visit. You can often get a cheap room/cheap parking in the <"travel lodge in Brentford">. It is only a 20 minute walk from there to Kew Gardens over Kew bridge. You can go in via the Elizabeth Gate, near the Thames. You need a full day or possibly two.

If you visit after 10th May 2018 the <"Temperate Glass-house"> will have re-opened.

cheers Darrel

"Temperate Glass-house"> will have re-opened.
If i was British i would only visit already to see the Victorian style glass house architecture. Something on my wishlist for in my garden, a Victorian style Cast iron glass house. But that's likely a dream never come true.. I'll never be rich enough to build me one..

Cheers, yeah planning a trip to Kew with the other half at the moment so good info. We were in Copenhagen last year and visited the botanical gardens. Was great seeing emersed crypts etc in the palm house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cambridge Botanical Garden, very pleasant grounds and large glasshouses with different climate zones. Reasonably priced. No parking, use Park & Ride, free for oldies.

Back