• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Painted aquarium back.

Gary Nelson

I am thinking about painting the back of my tank black. The main reason is its a corner tank and because it has 3 panels to cover in the black backing I have never really had much success with them sealing at the top of the tank and its starting to look a little unsightly now with parts pealing off and air bubbles appearing.

Have any of you ever painted the rear, if so which paint did you use or recommend?

I've used wilco black board paint on my tanks gives a good finish cost next to nothing goes on with a brush or roller

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Black board paint maybe worth a go then - I did think about Hammerite but thought that might be a little permanent! I want something fairly durable, but if I decide to sell the tank it won't be a nightmare to remove it.

Hammerite is great stuff but bloody expensive and messy go with the blackboard paint you wont be disappointed. id photo mine but it just looks black. blackboard paintis handy for other odd jobs 2 water-resistant and dries in 4 hours no primmer or undercoat.

Back