• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oxygen Sim [17th July Update] - Aquascaping for PC & VR

owenprescott

Edit: I've updated this thread with the official name of the Aquascape simulator I'm working on which is now called 'Oxygen Sim'. I will update this thread with future progress including a new video below.

About the Simulator:
Oxygen Sim is a PC simulator also featuring an incredibly immersive VR experience. Focusing on the artistic creation of natural habitats and tanks, you’ll be able to create aquascapes, terrariums and even explore open worlds with unlimited creative potential and elements of surivival gameplay.

Project page:
http://xaxisvr.com/portfolio/oxygen/

All feedback is welcome.

Last edited:
Update #01: Demo Showcase Video
Just recorded this video today and I have updated the thread.

Last edited:
Wow, interesting concept, will be keeping an eye on this to see how it progresses. A lot of people do photo shopped mock ups in here to see how a tank will look before planting but generally it's just green lines. To be able to put actual plants in there would be cool.

Wow, interesting concept, will be keeping an eye on this to see how it progresses. A lot of people do photo shopped mock ups in here to see how a tank will look before planting but generally it's just green lines. To be able to put actual plants in there would be cool.
Yes at the moment I've just added a bunch of rocks and driftwood but I also have some generic plants/coral and plans to add fish, shrimp etc to the library. Ideally long term I would like to create accurate plants using scans however and I was thinking if the project gains enough interest, users can send scans on some plants for me to use. In future it will likely also be possible to paint the landscape and even place lights etc where you need them. I'll make sure the plants are added into the first demo download.

There's always the ukaps plant database, plenty of images of plants and their names in there. I don't think anyone would mind if you borrowed images from there. Also the Tropica website which has an extensive catalogue of plants and images. May be copyright issues though so I would check first. If I remember right there's also an android app for planted aquariums where there is stock images of plants and the ability to upload pics of your own.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Hyplants that app is called.

Sent from my STH100-2 using Tapatalk

Thanks I will look into the app, I'm sure there's are some scientific public domain catalogs now that I think about it. The main think I'll need to the leaves scaned flat.

Here's a second update trying out a quick hardscape, the composition isn't great and I could do with more practice. :)

Back