• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I would agree there. They don't seem to lose much value either. Plus you get storm :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

They don't all have storm as I've been watching some on ebay. I'm not that bothered about storm function so wouldn't pay extra for flashing lights. We get enough storms up here as it is:( They get such a good price on ebay I think I'd rather pay an extra £20 and get a new one with warranty.

Agreed that's what I ment about keeping value. You can get nearly what you pay for them back if you ever sell em on

My Sochting Oxydator still hasn't arrived:( although the second order I placed with hobby shrimp ( for a shrimp net, guard,oxidator fluid and Super bacteria BeeMax) 2 days ago arrived this morn. Have emailed hobby shrimp. The Net is alot smaller than I thought but has mm marked on the plastic edges so you can measure your shrimp while they are in the tank. Quite handy considering everything looks bigger in the water.

Well that must be the fasted reply I've had, ever! Within mins Hobby Shrimp had replied to say they'd send another one out. Hopefully have it for the weekend.

Good stuff. I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback. :D

My Sochting Oxydator still hasn't arrived:( although the second order I placed with hobby shrimp ( for a shrimp net, guard,oxidator fluid and Super bacteria BeeMax) 2 days ago arrived this morn. Have emailed hobby shrimp. The Net is alot smaller than I thought but has mm marked on the plastic edges so you can measure your shrimp while they are in the tank. Quite handy considering everything looks bigger in the water.

What do you think of the Beemax smell Lindy?

Devine, isn't it?!!!

Sochting Oxydator arrived this morning. It has two little ceramic disk catalysts so you can addapt it for two sizes of tank. 1 disk for under 30 litres and 2 disks for up to 60litres. One disc for under 30 litres, the fluid is supposed to last 4 weeks at 25degrees C so should last longer in my shrimp tank which is at 21degreesC. We shall see...It might work out more expensive than an air pump and electricity so will wait to see before getting another for the low tech. Going to put it in after water change.

The Tmc has proved to much light even when suspended 40cm above the tank and drop checker lime. Was getting diatoms so decided it had to go as the light was blinding to look at so high up:( . Light is sold and alternatives being looked at, watch this space. I have added some lovely needle leaf java fern to the back of the tank to provide some instant height to the island. It is tied to lava rock so that can easily be removed for triming. If it is all just too much once the other fern fills in it can be taken out completely without tearing up the whole scape.

Substrate is ADA Africana(hence journal name) This was dried out in the oven before rescaping but I still got a muddy bit so I've bought another bag and will syphon out the mush at the front and replace with new.

How tastes differ! First thing that went trough my mind when looking at this was "Wauw! I wonder how he did those muddy bits!"

Hello Lindy,

Reading your jonural and a few others, have noticed that a few people of using these for their shrimp tanks so am consider getting a Sochting Oxydator for my 30l tank, just wondering if i have to use the hydrogen peroxide solution from Sochting, or will the stuff you can buy from Boots work as well. Zooplus current have the Oxydator for sell for £9 (plus £2 delivery) but without solution.

Sorry to hear about you lighting...what are you using in the Interim?

How tastes differ! First thing that went trough my mind when looking at this was "Wauw! I wonder how he did those muddy bits!"
If you want muddy bits all you have to do is get ADA africana and soak some before adding to the tank!

:facepalm: well that will teach me to check profiles.
It doesn't bother me. Most people on here assumed I was a bloke to begin with.

if i have to use the hydrogen peroxide solution from Sochting, or will the stuff you can buy from Boots work as well.
I would think that as long as the % is right you can use any peroxide. I had been Talking about buying bulk peroxide with my hairdresser and she pointed out that once the bottle is opened the peroxide starts to break down to some extent so if using small quantities at a time we are as well getting small bottles of peroxide. Hobby shrimp have the mini for 8.99 and you get 2 bottles of peroxide with it. these will fill it 4-5 times i recon. You can also buy the small bottles individualy on hobby shrimp.

Sorry to hear about you lighting...what are you using in the Interim?
I will be using an 11watt Fluval clip on light until I get an led alternative.

Hobby shrimp have the mini for 8.99 and you get 2 bottles of peroxide with it

Hello Lindy,

They currently selling fo £10 (plus £3 for delivery) but like you said come with two small bottles of peroxide, guess i will have to purchase the other shimp relate item to save on delivery.

I sure i've read it somewhere (i think in was in Rolymo Jonrnal) but can you advise what additive do you use in your shrimp tank, and wheather you recommend these or would try some else.

Cheers again.

I use mosura mineral plus and tds UP to get my GH to5 and TDS to 160. My tds out of the tap is around 45 and these gh and tds seem to suit my water and shrimp. I use Genchem biozyme weekly as bacteria can struggle in low ph set ups and my ph around 6. I use Genchems biomax for feeding baby shrimp. I also occasionaly feed Genchems white pellet which is high in calcium and helps with moulting. I recently bought Benibachi Beemax as it is highly recommended.
I think it is alot of trial and error to see what tds suits your water. Someone I know breeds high quality crs/cbs and to get a gh5 his tds sits around 250!

I also have catappa and oak leaves for biofilm. Round pelia is also highly recommended by one of our resident shrimp experts'Basil' as it provides excellent cover and feeding for baby shrimp. You can see my main shrimp tank in the journal 54l 'the nook' I had quite a struggle with crs at first and lost quite a few.

:) Thxs again Lindy

I'll see if i can obtain a few of the produces you have suggested, in particaulr Benibachi Beemax, i read that it recommended that this is sprinlked under substrate for new setups, thou this might be problem considering my tank is now set up (Currently DSM to attached moss) but i guess i could lift my clado carpet (pebbles) sprinlke onto substrate and replace carpet in top. I might also take the plunge and get some Benibachi Crimson Bee Balls as read some good thing about these, given as my tank is newly set up using new ADA subtrate, should help speed up cycling, have you come across this product?

I'll have look at you other journal after work...

Really appreciate all the advise you have given. Thanks again.

Back