• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Our Wabi Kusa attempts

viktorlantos

Aquascaper
I've seen some nice examples here too on wabi kusa theme in the past. Last time from Antoni.
I remember i wanted to try something similar since i've seen in an old aqua journal ages ago.

unfortunatelly the original wabi kusa "ball" is not available and we did not had time to make it, we choosen the easy way for this project.

A bit of an Aqua Soil Amazonia with decor sand around it. We used the plant pot in the center of the plate just reduced the height of it. filled in with Amazonia and some decor sand around. The pot helped to keep the soil together and it's not mixing with the sand on the long term too. So we kept that in.

our first attempt failed because we only used the light in the window. this was not enough and the plants died off.

we figured one of the ATI hanging unit reflector give enough light for wabis. so we placed them close to the aquarium.
-- later a dedicated light will be used, but this works well temporary.

From the window where the tank lights gives enough lighting for them:

5619950070_1ccc753c72_z.jpg

We have 1 cm water on the top of the sand. That need to be topped 2 times a week approx.
Using water spray every morning. And weekly ferts.
Other than that just watching them to grow ;)

5619944370_8d1a500032_z.jpg

5619354845_9e7e0bfd5e_z.jpg

5619946942_5719975a9c_z.jpg

5619357577_f44f799f06_z.jpg

5619358771_f1e2abab2f_z.jpg

cheers,
Viktor

Nice viktor, I like that open front of those.

Steve tgm sell do!aqua wabi bowls for around a score undelivered :)

Nice ones Viktor, can you please edit your post and add the plants names?
Some I recognize but not all :)

Thanks guys :angelic:

clonitza said:
Nice ones Viktor, can you please edit your post and add the plants names?
Some I recognize but not all :)

actually i am not sure about all of them, since we replanted after the fail attempt, but used Rotala Rotundifolia, Staurogyne repens, Utricularia, Crypto Parva, Hygrophila, Ludwigia probably.

Back