• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I've messed around with the scape and have lowered the substrate, I'll probably do some more this week. I'm still happy with how it looks although it is kind of symmetrical.

DSC-4020.jpg

I also bought a JBL CristalProfi e901 which is overkill but I can reduce the flow :)

New Cal Aqua inflows look great too, they are pricey but worth it since I don't have to use a huge lily pipe in there.

DSC-4019.jpg

DSC-4025.jpg

I should be flooding the tank next week but I have a small leak in the RO system which I need to fix. Will be cycling the tank before planting to avoid plant melt :)

Oscar

Last edited:
Wow! Looks good :D
Wish I could get a system like that for my birthday haha, great to see another teen in the scaping scene! :)

I'm looking foward to seeing how this grows, moss does very well emersed. I'd try a small anubias sp as well, depending on what's available.

I had a bit of a mess around on photoshop as a kind of planting plan, still unsure of what to use in the background though!

- Rotala H'ra (as an accent)
- Pogostemon Erectus
- Pogostemon Sellatus
- Hemianthus Micranthemoides
- Something else (any suggestions?)

I think I will likely use the H'ra in the back left or right corner, and it can grow primarily emersed as it is quite shallow there.

Not the best photoshop work but I think it gives some perspective :)

DSC-4020.jpg

Nice photoshop!

For the background plants, if you want colors;

Rotala H'ra
Rotala wallichii

If you want only green;

Hemianthus micranthemoides
Gratiola viscidula

Cheers

My vote is for Rotala H’ra. I have not grown it, but have seen a few tanks where it had a nice pink/red color that will contrast well with the greens in your planned scape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aromatica will be far too big for the tank imo. It was for for my EA 600.

The 600 that George farmer did in December is looking brilliant at AG. Have a look at that. It’s ready for its first prune to get that angles pathway look. All the plants in there would look good in your tank as the theme is similar.

I’ll ask Dave to post a pic on Instagram and Facebook next week pre trim for you.

I’m looking forward to see how your scape progresses.

Ps. I’d still reduce the soil slightly at the front middle.......:)

What's your water change maintenance routine for the next month? :)

I'll be doing a 50% water change about every 3 or 4 days with half RO and half tap until it's cycled. This gives me GH 7 and KH 6, enough KH to keep the pH up a bit for the bacteria. Once it's cycled, I'll plant it and switch to using fully RO with Salty Shrimp GH+ as I won't need any more KH. This way I won't exhaust the substrate.

Oscar :)

lovely looking setup mate, I would have gone down the DSM route to give the carpet a help in hand. will be following this.
Keep the updates coming.

[/QUOTE] I also bought a JBL CristalProfi e901 which is overkill but I can reduce the flow
Oscar[/QUOTE]

don't think that filter is overkill at all mate , all filters are over specified as far as flow is concerned especially as it has to bounce of all them rocks and in between them. I would even put a skimmer in the back left corner to help flow and aid surface scum.

DSC-5152.jpg

The tank was planted the other week, this shot was taken after a few days of it running.

Final background plant I chose was Gratiola Viscidula, along with Rotala H'ra as an accent. Some of the HC melted unfortunately, one of the pots had gone bad. There looks to be a little bit of new growth from the melted parts though.

Oscar :)

Back